YOUR EGO AND YOUR HEALTH: A GIFT OF RECOVERY

Lots of self-help authors tell us to abandon our ego. Wayne Dyer and Eckhart Tolle come to mind.
I always sort of liked my ego, but I was often aware I should "keep it in check".. I should "check my ego at the door" if I wanted people to like me.

One of the gifts of healing I encountered was that my ego naturally took a backseat to my heart, to the real me. This was so unexpected, I didn't even notice it for awhile. But what I did notice was that the "externals" in my life were really not that important anymore. I no longer chased down goals and dreams...my goals and dreams naturally became apparent to me...they were smaller, easier to manifest, and came to me easily, because I was in alignment with myself.  I was on my path. Not necessarily my BIG LIFE PATH, but on my path more often, and more in the moment. I wasn't struggling to find my path anymore. I knew I was on it.

I still have my ego, but it doesn't drive me anymore. I am NATURALLY heart driven...this wasn't something I worked hard to do...it's who I am ...and it came about as a result of my healing.


Comments

  1. Hello. I've read through your blog and appreciate your honesty and openness. I was hoping you might share what actually helped you get better, and how sick you were. I have a 24 year-old daughter who has been in bed for 2 1/2 years, and house bound for 5. We are always looking for success stories and details. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth , I was sick for three years and bedridden for several months in the final year of my illness. There were times when it took all of my energy just to take a shower and get dressed.. I would often have to rest after getting ready for the day. Being bedridden really scared me especially because I had children to take care of. My diagnosis was adrenal fatigue...my adrenal glands were producing almost no cortisol. The treatment I found was developed in the UK and is based on autonomic nervous system dysfunction. The theory is that the very debilitating physical symptoms are a result of overwhelming stress that keeps the flight or fight mechanism in the brain "stuck" in overdrive... Although you may not feel as tho you are in constant fight or flight your brain is constantly producing stress hormones, giving your body no chance to rest and recover despite the fact that you may be bedridden... Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you would like more information or have more questions please feel free to email me at themedianifinfinity@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, glad to hear of your recovery. I've also been reading through your blog in the hope that somewhere you would share the name of your treatment / therapy / name your therapist. You haven't though and I'm curious why that is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there thank you for reading my blog and thank you for your question. The reason that I don't give out that information is because I am not selling anything and I don't want to be perceived as selling anything. If you would like more information on the specific therapy that I used you can email me at themedianofinfinity@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts