THE TROUBLE WITH BEING WELL....

Is trying to refrain from sounding like a testimonial, and understanding that friends who suffer from fatigue conditions, from fibromyalgia , IBS etc have their own path to follow... Many times, because of my own profound healing, I've over enthusiastically promoted what helped me so much... Leading many a friend to think I was just, well, crazy.

I think it's hard for people who've been so sick to believe that a simple body mind therapy can make all the difference...and can have such a profound effect on their overall health and well being...
But as I continue to research and write about how I became so sick and how I became so well, I become more and more convinced  that the answer to health lies more in the reconnecting of body/mind/soul, and that we have a built in feedback mechanism that tells us, from moment to moment, how to continuously connect and reconnect to all that we are... And our day to day health reflects our level of connection.

As someone who considered myself to be " on the spiritual path" from a fairly young age, I had a good intellectual understanding of holism, I always firmly believed that our emotions had a strong influence on our health and that your mind and attitude and thinking could all alter your level of health... But like many people I was not sure of how to tap into the innate wisdom of the body to heal itself, and mistakenly believed that good health started in the mind.

Comments

  1. i completely agree and relate to the last 2 paragraphs especially.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts