I'M NO SCIENTIST... AND A LITTLE BIT OF METAPHYSICS

So when I was researching the theory behind why and how people get CFS/ME/FIbro etc,
this is what I came across....


Ok so the theory is that HPA-AXIS Dysfunction is what creates the myriad of confusing and debilitating symptoms that people experience...it's caused by physical/mental/emotional stress...
so when I got sick I was pushing my body by overexercising, I was having tons of anxiety and panic attacks, and I was dealing with a stressful home situation. I was pushed to the extremes...so my HPA-AXIS literally burned itself out...And from what I can gather from my research, the HPA-AXIS gets
"Stuck" on stress mode...so your body is getting the message that it is under extreme stress, and then acts accordingly, so that all of your "systems" go haywire...your metabolic, cardiovascular, immune,
reproductive and central nervous system functions all become "unbalanced"...so although you may not feel that you are under stress ( and by the time I developed major symptoms, most of my stressful situations had resolved themselves ), your body thinks you are...and sends "fight or flight" signals out
constantly, although you think you are perfectly calm.

So the question is how to "break" this cycle.  From what I can understand, this is why some people can find some temporary relief with the Gupta Amygdala Retraining Program..it acts to "jumpstart" the HPA-AXIS...so the more you perform the repetitive brain exercises that the program teaches you, the more time your HPA-AXIS spends "rebooting" itself, interrupting the chronic stress pattern, then the more time your system will spend in recovery mode. I tried this program, and had some relief, but it was very, very tedious, and I kept relapsing fairly quickly.

So the treatment that I finally found simply involved learning to listen to my body in a new way. All I had to do was to interpret the symptoms that my body was sending, and then respond..so when you learn to interpret what your body is saying, then you can respond to your body in a new way, and you can recover...you can literally feel your energy flooding back to you.

But it goes much deeper than just recovery... because you learn to know yourself on a very deep level-you become familiar with your  subconscious..which is housed in your body...so you literally learn the language of your soul ....which is constantly sending you signals through your HPA-AXIS...so you can think of this AXIS as the missing link between your body and soul...it's your prime communicator between you, your subconscious, and your environment.

©rebeccametro

Comments

Popular Posts