Tippy Canoes and Ocean Going Steamliners

When I first developed Chronic Fatigue/Adrenal Fatigue I was under tons of stress. I was eating a healthy diet, mainly because I had several previous bouts of systemic candida, and had learned to eat a very healthy low sugar, high protein diet. I was training for a triathlon while still playing tennis several times a week, and practicing yoga. I love any kind of movement, ( in fact, I find it hard to sit still), but at that time in my life I was exercising as a way to deal with stressful life events. I have always struggled with anxiety, and my anxiety levels were at an all time high. I meditated daily as a way to deal with my stress and anxiety.  So although I thought I was healthy, and practicing good health habits, I was feeling increasingly tired and bloated, and suffering from insomnia. I couldn't understand why I was not feeling well, why my stomach was always bloated, and why I was still suffering from anxiety despite meditating and practicing yoga. I thought I just had bad health, because I was always dealing with one health issue or another. And I had read tons and tons of books on health, wellness, and nutrition, and could not figure out why I as always sick with one strange issue or another. My doctor told me that I had a "delicate" system-she explained that some people have "systems" that are like big ocean steamliners-steady as she goes-they have good, steady health. I, on the other hand, had a system like a "tippy canoe"..the slightest imbalance in my health could cause a major issue for me. I presumably had no control over this-it was just how I was made.


The "tippy canoe" system that my doctor told me I had didn't really sit well with me. I was a strong, natural athlete. Dr. Lam addressed this issue as well-and his explanation was a bit more comforting to me. He said that although some people are physically strong on the "outside" their real health was something far less, because they had "delicate", fluctuating systems that when out of balance, would cause a big hit to the bodies overall health.

Well, I'm happy to say that post Chronic Fatigue my health is better than ever. I no longer have a "delicate" system, or a "tippy canoe" I'm an Ocean Going Streamliner! And it's not because I took the right supplements, or adjusted my diet , or stopped exercising, or got acupuncture or energy treatments, it's because I finally learned to tap into my body's wisdom.

Comments

Popular Posts