Over Done

Like so many people who get CFS, I tend to overdo things. Alot. I push myself to my limits, I take on too much, and then I have to back off, retreat, and rest. I'm also an introvert. It takes a tremendous amount of energy for me to socialize, engage, answer the phone, emails, and texts. I need huge, vast amounts of time to myself. I don't really need people. I do, but not as much as the next person. I am happy to read, write, work in my glass studio, ride my bike. Lunches, parties, anything that involves other people can feel like a chore. Oftentimes I'm a bad friend. I can go "underground" for quite awhile.

So after working in my nursing job, teaching several yoga classes a week, and my daughter graduating from high school, I am exhausted. I am burned out. Again. I'm not physically tired. I just need time. Alone. To do nothing. I've had to reduce the number of classes I'm teaching, cancel plans with friends, take a few days off of work and retreat. Go underground, and have no plans. I need to be on "vacation mode", with no obligations.

Comments

  1. I relate to this a lot, but I wonder about the introvert thing. Most of my life I've acted like an introvert because I basically had huge social anxiety. Being around people was tiring because I always thought I had to be something that I thought I wasn't in order to be liked and accepted. But I actually get a lot of energy from people who are non-judgemental and accepting. My early life experiences of people were very painful, so now I see myself as a traumatised extrovert, and my recovery from CFS involves spending more time with people I trust, and less isolation. I'm wondering if this resonates with you?

    Cheers,
    Graham

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Graham I too suffered from social anxiety as a result of trying to cover up the "real" me. This definitely formed my introverted tendencies ... I was much more extroverted as a child and young adult, and I fo "suffer" with being extremely introverted, but I feel as though I've had to be this way...it is a bit unfortunate but like you I feel energized when I'm around people who are "easy" to be with... So yes I think it's similar to what you are saying!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts