RELAXATION, HEALING, AND JOHN KORTUM

I battled many chronic health issues as a teenager and a young adult. I always had a sense of "knowing" an intuition, that emotions somehow were playing a role in my health issues. I became very interested in positive thinking, relaxation, and meditation. I studied, energy healing-reiki, healing touch, and even a several months long course in Bioenergy Medicine. I learned so much!  I read everything I could get my hands on in regards to health, healing, and alternative treatments. My interest in the unseen also led me to an interest in the esoteric and the paranormal. But although all of these things were interesting, and still are, they did not solve my health problems for any length of time, nor did I see lasting effects on others. They were helpful in that they offered deep relaxation, and sometimes opened a door into another dimension, but I didn't find any lasting healing. 

I am still very interested in the emotional patterns behind specific illnesses, in who gets sick, and why. It's a puzzle waiting to be solved! A few years ago I took a class with John Kortum, the author of The Kortum Technique. It was a fascinating two day workshop! John is a gifted intuitive who has been able to "read" people's illnesses by observing their facial features. He holds lectures and workshops, teaching people how to "read" illnesses. He's been featured on Dr. Oz, and appeared in various local news segments, explaining how he can spot a person's health issues-his ability to diagnose people on sight has even been studied scientifically and he has something around a 97% accuracy rate. But here's the deal, and here's what I find fascinating....he has connected emotional patterns that are tied to physical illnesses...and the interesting part about that is that if you can change an emotional pattern, you can change the outcome of an illness. But the most fascinating thing I walked away from that workshop with was this: Why do our bodies broadcast the state of our health to others? Why do our bodies communicate not only with us, but with those around us-and on a subconscious level? AND most importantly of all-our emotions carry vibrations which are then etched onto our bodies in subtle ways..

BUT, back to relaxation and healing...from everything I learned and studied in energy and alternative medicine, and I don't think this is anything new, is this: in order for you to heal your body from any illness it has to be relaxed...you have to find a way to get your body into a state where your nervous system is parasympathetically dominant...you have to spend most of your time in "relax, repair, and rejuvenate" mode. When you do this, then your body will start to heal itself. But most of us spend the majority of our day in some level of "fight or flight" mode. So that is why things like, yoga, meditation, breathing and energy work are helpful in promoting healing-they all deeply relax the body-if only for a little while....



©rebeccametro

Comments

Popular Posts