IT"S NOT ALL IN YOUR HEAD....

I have been puzzled by the anger from the CFS community when they come across the theory that suppressed emotions can cause  physical illness. I think they misinterpret this theory to assume that their illness is "all in their head".

The Chronic Fatigue Community has had to fight hard for the medical community to take them seriously, to have them believe it's not "all in their heads". This is because there is no clear way to diagnose CFS. It's more a diagnosis of exclusion than anything else. A person can be very, very ill with multiple disturbing symptoms, and the doctors will not be able to find a solid diagnosis...hence, Many doctors don't "believe" that CFS is a real illness. I can attest to how "real" CFS is...simply because I could not walk across a room without feeling like the floor beneath me was rolling, and feeling like I was going to pass out.   Because my CFS was caused by adrenal fatigue, my doctor could make  a diagnosis based on my history, my lifestyle, and Cortisol levels in my blood. I was also very, very fortunate to have a doctor who had known me for most of my adult life, and was well versed in integrative medicine. Had I gone to a traditional medical doctor, I would have undergone far more testing, they would not know what was wrong with me, and had I been less savvy and curious about my illness, I would still be very sick.

I am sad that so many in the CFS community continue to lobby physicians and politicians for treatment. My own feeling is that this is a waste of time, if only for the simple reason that politicians and physicians are owned by pharmaceutical companies. My own doctor told me that there was a time when doctors and hospitals  implemented research studies when they came across illnesses and symptoms that were mysterious and difficult to treat...now pharmaceutical companies drive the research engine, with different motives in mind. This is not to bash pharmaceutical companies in any way...after all, drugs keep people alive. It's simply to say that medicine has changed so much...and remember, back "in the day", doctors compounded their own medicines..they had much more freedom to experiment, practice, and treat. They were healers.

But I see the lack of medical progress in regards to CFS, Fibromyalgia, and Adrenal Fatigue, as a huge opportunity! It's an opportunity to experience true "healing" in every sense of the word. It's an opportunity to understand how true healing works...and how you can apply this to almost any health issue...in my mind, this is the way we should all heal, from any illness...it's an opportunity to develop tremendous wisdom about yourself, your emotional body,  and how body, mind and spirit really work together.  Like many illnesses,  it's so much more than a medical issue that is solved by taking a pill.

But back to CFS being "all in the head". Here it is. All illnesses have an emotional component. Every single one of them. And many illnesses can be treated from a standpoint of blocked emotions, blocked energy, and the blocking of the "true self" Just ask Anita Moorjani who writes about her own dramatic recovery in her book Dying to Be Me. Another resource for understanding the emotional component of physical illness is John Kortum. Although he addresses emotion as vibration, he has pinpointed the emotional dissonance behind many illnesses, and as a medical intuitive, he is able to perceive  illness by simply looking at facial features. His work is fascinating! But John Kortum's work also mirrors the work of a German physician was also able to link cancer to unresolved emotional conflicts that manifest in the brain, which then manifest as abnormal cell growth in the body, leading to cancer.

I firmly believe that all illnesses are in your head, or really, are in the Oneness that is You...they are all mind/body/spirit, the trinity that composes You.  More precisely,  all illnesses are a result of unexpressed, unresolved emotional conflict that cause stress and thus dysfunction in the body. This understanding has been my own gift of recovery. The arduous journey was worth it, if only because it brought me back to myself, my place in the world, and to an understanding of illness that I had been searching for in my own profession as  nurse and energy healer.

Comments

Popular Posts