Healing Pain and Fatigue

If you've read through my blog posts you might find snippets about healing chronic fatigue syndrome, and my own journey from ill health, characterized by severe adrenal fatigue, to healing and abundant energy. In fact, in middle age I have more energy now than I did when I was in my twenties.

The secret to healing debilitating pain and fatigue is surprisingly simple. And I know that this is hard to believe when you can barely get out of bed, take a shower, and get dressed. I know this because when I was sick just getting out of bed to take a shower would exhaust me and  I would have to lay down and rest before heading downstairs for breakfast. And then some days I couldn't even get out of bed. I was sick. Really sick. And there was no doctor out there that could really help me.

But I got better, over the course of a few months. And in my mind it was nothing short of miraculous.

The answer is simple. Listen to your body. Take note of the days you can't get out of bed, and then the days you can. Take note of the conversations that lead you drained, fatigued, and headed  back to bed. Take note of the times you feel energized. If you have CFS or Adrenal Fatigue or Fibromyalgia, you will notice that some days, weeks and months are better than others. It seems so random at the time...you never know when or if you will have energy. And then when you do have energy you run around doing all the things you haven't been able to do, and then you crash and burn, not knowing when or if your energy will return.

But if you take note of your symptoms, you will start to find a pattern, a rhythm. a method to the madness of your illness.

Because your illness is talking to you. It has depth and a meaning and a message. It speaks in code, and if you can manage to decipher the code, to dialogue with your illness, and start to listen to your body on  a deep level, you can heal.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts