In the Beginning

I have a passion for exercise, for helping others, and for digging deep in order to find the truth-in other words, I love a good mystery or puzzle to solve. So when I developed Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, I could no longer exercise, and my health certainly was a mystery to solve! I could not figure my way out of the CFS puzzle, as soon as one symptom would resolve, another would "pop up", as equally debilitating as the first. So because I am an obsessive person, and because I loved to exercise, and my prime motive was to return to my active lifestyle, I  researched and read everything I could about CFS.

I had a strong feeling, a "gut instinct" that I would not find my answers in the medical community. In fact, I purposefully stayed away from the traditional medical community probably because I know too much about it. If I turned myself over to doctors I would become what every person in the medical and nursing professions dread-I would become a patient, in every sense of the word. I would be poked, prodded, and put through expensive  and excessive tests. Inevitably they would find something wrong, and lead me down a path to a diagnosis, which most likely would be treated with drugs, which would have side effects, which would require more tests, and more money. I could see an endless path of expensive medical treatments, workups, and medications. I did see my doctor. I've known her for over twenty years and I trust her. She also was an integrative/functional medicine physician, and I am extremely grateful to her that she knew me  very well and could quickly diagnose me with Adrenal Fatigue. But she was not able to offer much in the way of help, other than a diagnosis.

So my hope is that other people who are suffering as I did, will find this information hopeful and inspiring! And I hope it will lead them down the path to a treatment, and experience the profound changes that I did as I recovered my health. The beauty of this is that I continue to reap the benefits of my treatment.

©themedian_of infinity

Comments

Popular Posts